On Jan 5, 2004, at 3:29 PM, Lee K. Seitz wrote: [Snip]
I've probably discussed this before, but don't you hate it when you
find a game manual (or other piece) and there's no sign of the rest of
it?  I went by a thrift store today ('tis the season to clean out
attics, basements, and garages for the new year) and found a box full
of Apple II bits and pieces.  There were manuals for Apple Adventure
(Colossal Cave ported(?) and published by Apple), The Mouth (MUSE),
and Microsoft Decathalon, but no disks in site.  In fact, almost all
of the dozens of disks in the box were copies and data disks, only one
or two originals.

I don't mind that. Sometimes it is the only way you can make a complete game.

So, do you guys have boxes full of pieces of games waiting to be
reassembled into a whole?  (I did pick up a copy of Star Trek:
Judgement Rites because the previous used copy I bought lacked the
manual.)  Should I go back and get those manuals?

I would. At worst you'll never use them, but sometimes you can toss a part in for free to sweeten a deal or help someone out.

Here's a question I know I haven't asked before.  How do you store
those extra pieces?  Cardboard boxes?  Plastic boxes (to avoid the
acidic cardboard)?  Filing cabinets?  What?

Unless it is an important part, say the Sorcerer Infotater, I just stick it in my 'parts' box.

--

Edward Franks