Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 5:41 AM
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Bah, ebay/paypal

In a message dated 01/21/2004 10:15:16 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

And yes, I agree with Tom, it really is
a shitty thing to do, Western Union should sue them.

Hmm perhaps Stefan, or at least make them remove it. It is bad for another reason too, as we have discussed accepting paypal from an overseas buyer is never safe for the seller, any transaction can be reversed. So by posting this statement telling buyers NEVER to pay with Western Union they are basically encouraging the buyer to back out if the seller does not accept paypal, only WU auction payments (heck same thing with sales within the US but at least the seller can cover themselves using paypal in US). It SHOULD be illegal to say this. I am almost tempted to report this to WU, will have to think about it though.

Tom

Visit my web page for many games for sale/trade and screen shots of Ultima Escape from Mt. Drash,  Tom's Ultima, Infocom and RPG page