First of all, the acronym was basically a joke, but if it sticks, that’s cool with me.
 Another reasonable option is to name it after whatever site is going to host the list
(like the Mobyscale.)  But if we do go the acronym route:

- Imaginary is meant for games that are only rumored to exist.  For example, Mt. Drash
before any of us had one.  Or the fabled green-box Ultima VII (I just made that one
up).  Suspended is not Imaginary.

- Oddity is a bit of a stretch.  I don’t even know if it’s useful, but it could be
used for bad production runs, etc.  Maybe it is a modifier.

- Unique means one of a kind.  This would apply to a master disk/cart or if there was
only one known copy of a game in the world.  Lets avoid saying a game is “more unique”
or some similar designation.

I, O & Unique would be very rarely used.  These would just be used to account for
weird stuff out there.  99% of all games would be C, U or R.

I like “S” standing for “scale.”  Makes sense although CURIOUS Scale would be
redundant as Dan points out.

One more note – this is a rarity scale.  It is not meant to imply value.  It is just
meant to designate rarity.  Value and rarity do not necessarily go hand in hand.  Of
course, one of the benefits of having a scale is that “worthless” games designated
Rare might go up in value if the market grows and pays attention to the scale.

Production numbers aren't needed, but could certainly be helpful if known.

Having this integrated into eBay would be awesome.  Of course, if it were going to
happen it would likely be a feature for other (more popular) collectibles first –
comics, baseball cards, etc.  If we have our act together, we could certainly apply
the feature to games as well.  In the meantime, it would be great to see people on
eBay regularly referencing the Mobyscale for condition and the CURIOUS Scale for
rarity just in the text of the ad.

Hugh