Marco Thorek wrote:

Without a mousepad you also are not
restricted to its boundaries.

It is because of cords and mousepad boundaries that I have been using trackballs exclusively since 1988. Hasn't been easy, though -- only in 2003 did we see the advent of 1. optical trackballs that had 2. high sampling rates and were 3. easy to clean and 4. CHEAP (I'm thinking of the Logitech Marble Mouse here, $20-$30 depending on which retail outlet you buy from). Previously, the only high-quality option was the Kensington, which I discovered in 2001 didn't support single-pixel resolution (I hadn't needed it until then :-)

(rant off)
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
World's largest electronic gaming project:    http://www.MobyGames.com/