> Is there a way to deal with retaliatory -ve feedback?

Request their contact info from eBay and call them.  If the phone number is
false, report it to eBay and they will take down the negative comment (and
suspend them until they correct it).  This policy is buried pretty deep, but
it is there and they enforce it.

Also any deadbeats you (or anyone on this list) send to me will be added to
my page on YOIS.  I know people look at it cuz I've received both lists from
other frustrated eBayers and demands from deadbeats to take their names off.