Just a quick note that the swcollect mailing list software is still a bit broken -- currently there is no way to subscribe or unsubscribe. I am still working on the problem and plan to have it fixed this weekend.

Along those lines, I have the ability to create a threaded index of the list archives, maybe even have it searchable. For doing the most good and being the most useful, I was planning on having this searchable threaded archive be available to the public and search engines. What I would like to hear are any arguments against that so that I don't anger anyone on the list. For example: email addresses public/not public, mean words about a buyer/seller, etc. *WITH* these arguments I would like a proposed solution.

Keep in mind that a public searchable threaded archive of the list is *already available* here: http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/ but it only goes back four months.

(The motivation behind this is part of my Master Plan(tm) for softwarecollecting.org, which is to become a big helpful source of software collecting for people new to the hobby: a FAQ, an illustrated list of MobyScale grades, photos of various shrinkwraps and how to tell which is real/fake, etc.)
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
World's largest electronic gaming project: http://www.MobyGames.com/