>I was looking at this, figuring that since they were loose disks they'd
>go for cheap.  Cannonball Blitz drew some attention recently, so I
>thought it'd be nice to score an original of that too.   Sadly it was
>not meant to be:

Yup, I was looking at it too but I guessed the price
was gonna rise a lot so I didn't check it till end.

>I'll guess that the disk in the first link came first, and that the
>second is a re-issue?  Personally I like the artwork on the first link
>better.

Yeah, that first link gold label is from On-Line Systems -release (1981 or
'82)
$100 floppy is from SierraVision-release (1982 or '83).
The gold label that sold less in relation ($177.50 / 7) is more valuable
though haven't seen any version of Cannonball too often.
(Though personally I can't remember paying more than $10 for any loose
floppy till today.)

BTW there was an official (promotional) poster for Cannonball Blitz;
like probably for most Sierra games from the early days to now
(I should get one from Conquests of Camelot soon).
Here's some speculation and debate about the Cannonball poster :) and other
Sierra posters/maps in general:
http://vintage-sierra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144

- Jukka

--
http://koti.mbnet.fi/psychic/eng_index.html  -  Synchronic Web:
Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/AD&D/SSI collecting and beyond!