Peter Olafson wrote:

I confess I'm unfamiliar with the mechanics of streaming, but do you really need EA's permission to do so? (Origin no longer exists even in UO server-farm form.) Wouldn't this considered a "permitted use" of the media?

Just because the founding copyright holder no longer exists doesn't mean that *somebody* doesn't own the copyright. In fact, I think it's obvious that Electronic Arts owns all of Origin's Ultima and Wing Commander intellectual properties. I'm sure that if I wrote a Wing Commander-like game, with WC properties ("Kilrathi", "Tiger's Claw", etc.) and used the string "Wing Commander" somewhere in the title, that I would get sued even if I wasn't selling the thing.
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
World's largest electronic gaming project: http://www.MobyGames.com/