On Jun 9, 2004, at 4:00 PM, Jim Leonard wrote: [Snip]
I have done this for some music -- download music illegally, listen to it, buy the CD. Nowadays I just listen to streaming radio and/or download it for later listening.

The golden-goose questions are how many people download illegally/buy later and just what percentage of what they download do they buy honestly buy later? Given the packrat mentality of so many people into pirating I would be surprised if either of those figures was more than 10%. Just look at the usage figures for BitTorrent. I don't think that many people are sharing Linux ISOs. ;-)

--

Edward Franks