For a software developer I hope they wouldn't confuse the two platforms. Still its interesting. I didn't know it existed, but then my Mac collection is pretty small and to be honest, not too many of the games I remember for it really grabbed me. Except....

I've been looking for "Airborne!" for over 3 years for the Mac. I saw it on ebay *once* over 2 years ago. I lost the auction. I saw it again 2 months ago or so bundled w/4 other Silicon Beach games. Box, disk but no docs. Whole lot? $20. I was floored that it went so low, but I wasn't complaining. Tonight I'll see if the disk is intact. Its another "Sabotage" style game (men fall from the sky, shoot them before they blow up your gun emplacement). It had digitized sound which was awesome back then ('84). Funny how right on the box it says its a collector's item.

I'd suggest one of the reasons the Mac didn't get too many games was because the things cost so much, but then again Apple II's weren't exactly free either. That and monochrome graphics for the longest time didn't help much as well. Still, many fond memories of "Pool of Radiance" on the classic Macs in college.

On Jun 11, 2004, at 6:28 PM, Freddie Bingham wrote:

Maybe some more light could be shed by emailing this fellow:

http://www.channelzilch.com/doug/resume1.htm

I wasn't even aware that KofC was released for the macintosh. I know it was
released for the IIGS, unless we are referring to the IIGS when we mention
Macintosh in this regard.

Lucasarts Museum - http://lucasarts.vintagegaming.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Leonard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 3:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] No market for Macintosh collectables?

Peter Olafson wrote:

Primarily, yes. But King of Chicago was released for the
Mac first and
later ported to the Amiga.

That contradicts everything I know about Cinemaware, so either you're wrong (not likely) or my knowledge is incomplete (likely). Is there a reference or person I can consult to learn more about this? -- Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) http://www.oldskool.org/ Want to help an ambitious games project? http://www.mobygames.com/ Or check out some trippy MindCandy at http://www.mindcandydvd.com/