Along similar lines, "Final Assault" (Epyx) for the IIgs (and probably others), if you failed the copy protection, you'd continue normally, then suddenly your climber's face would turn red and he'd die, as if suffocating I think. Kinda slick.

On Jun 15, 2004, at 9:00 AM, Stuart Feldhamer wrote:

That reminds me, in the beginning of Rex Nebular you're flying in your spaceship and get the copy protection question. If you mess it up, a hairline crack appears in your viewport, all the air rushes out, and your head explodes!

Stuart
-----Original Message-----
From: MASTER [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Pedro Quaresma
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 5:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection?

Well I didn't say that I remembered watching someone actually doing the handwriting of those codes :) I had possibly the same photocopies you had, so someone must've handwritten them, and they've gone all around Europe at least! :D

Ultima 7 Serpent Isle had an interesting copy protection. The questions themselves were "normal" (values you had to check on manual) but the interesting part was that if you missed one, all items or characters in the game went "Oink!" when you clicked on them! :D

--
Pedro R. Quaresma
Salvador Caetano IMVT

Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 40K km., "Esperanza"

'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes

<x-tad-smaller>        </x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>Para: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]></x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>A/C: </x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Ref: </x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO)</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection?</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>"Jukka Eronen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]></x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>15-06-2004 10:17</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Solicita-se resposta a swcollect</x-tad-smaller>
>I remember someone _handwriting_ the whole list of symbols from Indiana
Jones and the Last >Crusade copy protection!!!!!

I haven't done this myself but I too have a photo copy of
a handwritten copy protection for Indy 3 :)

Though this is more of an age protection, one of the most classic
and more fun way to do it is the Larry 1 quiz (which Larry 3 has too).

Larry 2 has those phone numbers as copy protection;
Al Lowe's birthday works as a pass in later release versions:
http://www.allowe.com/Larry/cluescheats.htm

- Jukka

--
http://koti.mbnet.fi/psychic/eng_index.html  -  Synchronic Web:
Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/AD&D/SSI collecting and beyond!