>>I personally would like the list archives to be public.  Anyone opposed to
>>public archives?
>
>Weren't the archives already public? I've seen archive pages turn up in
Google search results.

Yup they show up there alright.

I for one am in favor of keeping this private and old messages viewable to
members only.
Anything that goes to Google is "eternal" or at least archived anyways.
When I have something more "sensible" / "worth of archiving" to say, list
or anything, I'd rather publish it at web myself
(Not meaning that I'd regard the quality / informational value of my mails
being quite that low ;)
but that's not the point. And I'm also not meaning that the general quality
of the list
wouldn't be good, because it is.).

- Jukka

--
http://koti.mbnet.fi/psychic/eng_index.html  -  Synchronic Web:
Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/AD&D/SSI collecting and beyond!