You gotta get over that.
I've met people who have a strict rule about wearing shirts only x number
of days after a concert.  Worrying about what people think limits your
freedom.  The fact that I want to wear a shirt rather than lose it is
completely unrelated to whether I am 'cool' or into a band for the right
reasons.

The cynic's universe is shrinking.