> so the current situation is indeed that swfmill consumes ridiculous
> amounts of memory for such large fonts (or in fact any large SWFs),
> making it factually unviable to import them.

Thanks for the explanation.

> and, as motivation, would you care to give some hints on why you
> actually need *all* characters of such large fonts?

To run on a windows machine where installing the Asian Language Fonts
extension is not allowed (because it breaks a software package that is
essential for the project). More generally being able to ensure the
application looks the same on all platforms regardless of what fonts are
installed.

But I sorted out the external swf loading problems I was having so we're
using the fonts.swf made by the designer using the Flash IDE now. So for
my personal needs it is not urgent.

Darren