Dear Communities,

i'd like to let you know about a new project - "xinf is not flash". The xinf
project aims to provide a unified platform for cross-runtime GUI development.
It will enable you to develop graphical interfaces and "rich internet
applications" that run on the Adobe Flash Player, within web browsers
supporting JavaScript, and on a cross-platform player ("xinfinity"), built on
neko and OpenGL - all that from one and the same codebase. It should be noted
that xinf would not be possible without the hard work of Nicolas Cannasse -
xinf is based on his wonderful "haXe" compiler and "neko" virtual machine.

Read more details about it at:
  http://xinf.org/trac/wiki/WhatIs

xinf is at an early stage of development, there are no real releases yet, it is
still hard to build, and anyway a lot of essential functionality is missing; as
such is not yet useful for real work and play. I am opening it up already
because I hope that people will join the development effort early, and adopt
xinf also as their baby.

You are invited to join the mailing list at:

There is an early screenshot displaying xinf's cross-runtime magic at:
  http://xinf.org/misc/xinf-screenshot-060606.png
, it shows the same (simple test) application (code at
http://xinf.org/trac/browser/trunk/org/xinf/Test.hx) running in FlashPlayer,
Firefox and xinf's own xinfinity player.

xinf is now public. Please let everyone know :)

Hope to see you on the list-

-dan

--
http://xinf.org/