Hi,
sorry for not having been too detailed....FileReference is a flash 8
ActionScript class that interfaces to a browsers/players file dialog, it is not
a component, it is part of the Flash 8 ActionScript language spec.
Anyway I've got it working (running swfmill simple .... produces an swf that
still calls the FileReference when the input swf called it),
the trick had been to put the version tag to 8, I should have thought of that
before ;-)

Greetings,
dreld