Hi all,

Are there any moderately do-able optimizations that can be done in the
Swift compiler that have not been done yet?

I am a masters student at the University of Alberta in Dr. J. Nelson
Amaral's compiler optimization course, and I am searching for a project
that can be reasonably completed in two months' time. Contributing to
Swift's compiler seems like a great choice! I am also open to making
improvements to LLVM in general, though the point of this project is to get
my feet wet in static analysis -- I'm not an expert yet.

I'm interested in anything character encodings, strings and unicode, but
that limits my options in terms of *compiler optimizations*. I can also
look into profile-guided optimizations in LLVM [Profile], but I wanna know
who's got dibs before I start off on my own.

Your input is welcome.

[Profile]: http://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html#profileguided

Regards,
Eddie