I don’t know how these dependencies are expressed in CMake but it doesn’t seem
very difficult to do so in the autotools buildsystem, we have

AC_ARG_WITH([swift-toolchain],
  [AS_HELP_STRING([--with-swift-toolchain], [Specify path to Swift toolchain])],
  [swift_toolchain_path=${withval}
   AC_DEFINE(HAVE_SWIFT, 1, [Define if building for Swift])
   SWIFTC="$swift_toolchain_path/bin/swiftc”

in configure.ac which ends up as a SWIFTC makefile variable, so as long as that
argument is passed as an absolute path, it should work as a dependency in the
build rules

$(abs_builddir)/swift/%.o:      $(abs_srcdir)/swift/%.swift
       $(SWIFTC) -frontend -c $(SWIFT_ABS_SRC_FILES) -primary-file $< \

Is there a JIRA ticket for this ? the IBM folks should probably be the ones
making these changes since we still don’t have the whitelist in place for Apple
contributors to do so…

Daniel