Oh hey, great! Then perhaps the bigger issue is that this program should be
better highlighted in the developer docs, and possibly even called out in the
build-script docs?

I agree that it needs a bit of TLC, though. Having to specify the build-dir is
a bit disappointing. Any reason it can’t support “use the one that results from
these build-script flags” as the default workflow? (I can understand wanting to
keep build-dir around for special cases)