>       * What is your evaluation of the proposal?

I'm in favor of the change, but not the proposal or review.

This seems like a mere omission from SE-0003 "Removing var from Function
Parameters"
<https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0003-remove-var-parameters.md>.
 I don't think it's a good idea to set a precedent that even facepalmingly
obvious mistakes in proposals can only be fixed with a full review cycle.

Rather, I think this proposal should be rejected and, after a simple, informal
discussion on the list, SE-0003 should be amended to eliminate the `let`
keyword. There is precedent for rejecting a proposal because the proposal
shouldn't have been necessary: SE-0013 "Remove Partial Application of Non-Final
Super Methods"
<https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0013-remove-partial-application-super.md>
 was rejected because the core team decided the evolution process wasn't right
for that particular change.

I believe the core team should do that again here, rather than turning the
evolution process into a straightjacket preventing it from making simple,
straightforward, and obviously correct changes which have already passed review
in spirit, if not in letter.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies