> On May 31, 2016, at 12:52 PM, Xiaodi Wu <xiaodi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> These lines of reasoning are what have compelled me to conclude that `where`
> might not be salvageable.

To which, I'd add: `where` suggests there's a subordinate and semantic
relationship between the primary condition and the clause. There's no way as
far as I know this to enforce it in the grammar and the proposal allows both
clauses to be stated even without the connecting word. You could make a vague
argument, I suppose, for renaming `where` to `when` but all in all, even
killing `where` we benefit with better expressive capabilities and a simpler
grammar.

-- E