Yes, that’s what I meant. Basically, I see stuff like this:

func tripleForceUnwrapping(aString: String!) -> String {
    return String(byRepeatingString: aString, count: 3)
}

and later users get a crash with this:

let possiblyNilString = someFunctionThatRetunsAnOptional()
tripleForceUnwrapping(possiblyNilString)

even though it compiles fine.

func tripleWithoutUnwrapping(aString: String?) -> String {
    return String(byRepeatingString: aString, count: 3)
}

let possiblyNilString = someFunctionThatRetunsAnOptional()
tripleWithoutUnwrapping(possiblyNilString)

meanwhile, doesn’t compile and forces the user to think “huh, it’s not
compiling because there’s an Optional” and hopefully add a check