Just to make myself (more) clear, I don't ask for any solutions because I've
known them already. I even have made my own custom operators for all the
purposes so I have balance operators. Of course they're sugar candy syntax, but
isn't that one of the reasons why Swift is great? If you look at previously
accepted proposals, some of them are sugar syntax as well. So, I don't think
I'm the first one here.
I'm proposing solutions that is built right into the language syntax so
everybody else who need such operations doesn't have to make their own custom
operators (like me) again and again and again. After all, if there is ..<
operator, why can't we have ..> operator too, right? Why should we use the ugly
`reversed()` and `stride()` function? If we have to use such `stride()`
function that is able to create any possible variations of range, why do we
have ... operator in the first place? Isn't it just sugar syntax?
But after I thought about it again, I think half-opened range doesn't really
make any senses. The ..< operator (and my proposed ..> operator) should be
removed. Or we have to accept the consequences that we also need the other
accompanying operators. The … operator with optional `step` attribute that is
able to go both ways is more important that half-opened range operator.
This is all because the lack of c-style for-loop syntax in Swift. Well, I'm not
against it, I like it in fact. It makes Swift syntax more elegant. However, I
think the range syntax needs to be more flexible and complete as well, so we
don't miss the old c-style for-loop syntax.
Regards,
–Mr Bee

    Pada Rabu, 21 September 2016 16:11, Charlie Monroe