> On Jul 26, 2016, at 12:26 PM, Xiaodi Wu via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> +1. Even if it's too late for Swift 3, though, I'd argue that it's highly
> unlikely to be code-breaking in practice. Any existing code that would get
> tripped up by this normalization is arguably broken already.

I'm inclined to agree. To be paranoid about perfect compatibility, we could
conceivably allow existing code with differently-normalized identifiers with a
warning based on Swift version, but it's probably not worth it. It'd be
interesting to data-mine Github or the iOS Swift Playgrounds app and see if
this breaks any Swift 3 code in practice.

-Joe