> On Sep 28, 2016, at 3:15 PM, Joe Groff via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Swift community,
>
> The review of “Conditional Conformances” begins now and runs through October
> 7. The proposal is available here:
>

> https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0143-conditional-conformances.md
>
> <https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0143-conditional-conformances.md>
> What is your evaluation of the proposal?
+1.

I still think there is some possibility of relaxing the overlapping constraint
problem but I’d rather have this feature in Swift 4 since it’s such a big win.
The rules can always be relaxed later if we come up with a workable model.

> Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to
> Swift?
Definitely

> How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or
> an in-depth study?
I’ve been thinking about it for some time and regularly run into the problem it
solves. Participated in the draft proposal thread as well.

Russ