> On 14 Oct 2016, at 09:49, David Sweeris <daveswee...@mac.com> wrote:
> I'm very much in favor of the functionality, but I don't think the
> implementation should rely on compiler magic.
> - Dave Sweeris

Well it's not too much in the way of magic really, more just that we need Swift
to see tuples as conforming to RawRepresentable and ExpressableAsTuple,
although they currently aren't types in the normal sense. So the protocols
being used will be the same as you might use yourself, they'll just be applied
automatically for tuples.

It'd be neat if it could be done properly, but that could involve even more
work, but doing this automatically for now should be fairly simple (though I
say that as a person who wouldn't be the one doing it ;)