I meant to bring this up a bit ago but just came across it again.

I find this to not read properly:

button.setTitle("Test", for: .normal) //for normal what?

The for argument is really only clear in meaning when you are typing it out and
see that it is a UIControlState type. While reading it without this context is
it as clear? .normal doesn't seem descriptive enough on its own.

Contrast this with UISegmentedControl:
segmented.dividerImage(forLeftSegmentState: .normal, rightSegmentState:
.normal, barMetrics: .default)

Here the parameter labels are needed because there needs to be a distinction in
the method between left and right. But here it is not forLeft: or forRight: it
is the much more clear forLeftSegmentState:

So my question is: why was this not setTitle(forControlState:) or
forButtonState, etc...?

Brandon
Sent from my iPad