> On Feb 2, 2017, at 9:46 PM, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> On Jan 31, 2017, at 11:16 AM, Ben Cohen via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>>
>> As we expand (and maybe contract :) the standard library, this kind of
>> question comes up a lot, so it is worth setting out some criteria for
>> judging these “helper” methods. Here’s my take on such a list (warning:
>> objectivity and subjectivity blended together in the below).
>
> This is great perspective Ben, thank you for taking time to write this up!
>
> It seems that you are leaning towards removing enumerated().  What do you
> think about the proposal of removing enumerated but adding indexed() to
> replace it?  It would provide the same behavior for common array cases, while
> providing more useful/defensible functionality for other collections.
>
> -Chris

https://gist.github.com/erica/2b2d92e6db787d001c689d3e37a7c3f2
<https://gist.github.com/erica/2b2d92e6db787d001c689d3e37a7c3f2>

This could easily be adapted to incorporate both the removal of enumerated as
well as the addition of indexed, and I love the idea of using Ben's list as a
template for the justification section, plus adding the feedback from this
thread.

-- E