Thanks for bringing up submodules Robert.  I agree it's a good time to discuss
them.

There seem to be two broad approaches to submodules.  One is more of a physical
/ encapsulation based view and the other is more of a logical / namespace based
view.  This proposal falls into the latter group (Brent's pitch falls into the
former).

Before I offer feedback on this proposal I'm wondering if you can provide some
solid examples of what benefits you see in the ability of a single file to
participate in more than one submodule.  And also, what problems do you foresee
if a file were restricted to being in a single submodule (or at the top level
of the module)?

Sent from my iPad