Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 19, 2017, at 4:53 PM, Matthew Johnson via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>

> Sent from my iPhone

>>> I’ve got to agree with this. With the proposed syntax, it’s unclear whether
>>> you’re referring to a static property or a key path. It’s going to cause
>>> confusion. There needs to be some kind of syntactic way to differentiate
>>> the two.
>>
>> How often do you have a property with the exact same name and type on both
>> the instance and type? When you *do* have one, how often would it be better
>> off with a name like `defaultFoo` instead of plain `foo`?

That crossed my mind too. If we have a static property with the same name as a
property then make it a warning and we can easily rename one or the other in
our code to fix the warning.

>> Why is this a problem for keypaths, but not for unbound methods?

Hi Brent, what is an unbound method? Do you have a simple example just so that
I can better follow what you are saying? Thanks.