> On Mar 29, 2017, at 6:21 PM, Jonathan Hull via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
>> I would love it if we found a way to retain something as concise as that
>> shorthand.  I'm working on a library where users will specify a collection
>> of key paths pairs.  This shorthand would be a very nice piece of sugar
>> making the code expressing these collections (usually literals) quite a bit
>> more readable.
>
> +1 for this.  I think it will be somewhat common to pass around arrays of
> these things, and a shorthand syntax of some sort would make that nicer.
> That said, I don’t want to slow down the proposal, since I will be using this
> feature the very second it becomes available.

Agreed.

One more thought on this: I don't think anyone really likes the #keyPath(Type,
.key1.key2)` syntax; it's just the best we've come up with. If the syntax were
instead this:

        #keyPath(Type).key1.key2

I think that would look cleaner and avoid drawing distinctions based on subtle
punctuation differences. I don't think it would clash with old-style key paths
since you can't have a key path to a type name anyway. And support for the
leading-dot syntax would fall out of it quite naturally.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies