I think I've already said that, but I agree that an incremental approach to
this would be better.

> Le 23 juil. 2017 à 15:57, Chris Lattner <clatt...@nondot.org> a écrit :
>
> On Jul 22, 2017, at 3:03 PM, Daryle Walker <dary...@mac.com> wrote:
>>> In my opinion, there is an easy three step plan :-) to solving this
>>> problem, riffing on Array:
>>
>> Well, fixed-size arrays don’t have initializers, for the same reason tuples
>> don’t: they’re compound types instead of named types and they literally have
>> nowhere to place initializer definitions. But like tuples, FSAs have a
>> literal syntax that works as a substitute for full-blown initializers.
>
> Ok, sure.  They aren’t literally initializers in the stdlib (they are built
> into the compiler), but they have initialization semantics and can be spelled
> in whatever way makes ergonomic sense.  Keeping them aligned with Array seems
> like a good starting point.

Either way, in the context of fixed-size arrays, I think that it's a broader
problem that anonymous types can't have anything attached to them. This also
prevents fixed-size arrays from conforming to protocols, even Sequence, and
Swift would need variadic generics or (possibly, depending on the syntax)
non-type generic parameters to even create a wrapper.

Félix