> We don’t want to add conformance then find out that was a mistake.
I think we also don't want to create restrictions based on future additions
that might never happen...

> Besides that they can’t be Sequences, unless you throw away allowing
> parallel/vector processing in the future. (That can’t be bolted onto Version
> 2, since committing to Sequence means you committed to single-thread
> iteration.)
… especially as I doubt that those restrictions are required at all:
As I said, just conforming to collection doesn't forbid to add things that
aren't in the protocol.
Why should it be impossible to add vector processing support when it is decided
that this feature should be added to the language?

Parallel processing would be nice for Array<T> as well — and I can't think of
someone really arguing to remove conformance to Sequence from Array now…

The situation is very different with Array<T, size: Int>:
If it is decided to add generic value parameters* to Swift, it imho would be
awkward not to utilise this powerful for fixed-size arrays, and all those
syntax-additions that are discussed for them would become very questionable at
least.

Tino
Which imho definitely should happen: Whereas many additions to Swift are more a
less a question of personal preference, generic value parameters offer
protection from some kinds of bugs whose severity can actually be proven with
real-word examples that had terrible consequences.