> On 8 Aug 2017, at 17:53, Taylor Swift via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> Since Swift 5 just got opened up for proposals, SE-184 Improved Pointers is
> ready for community review, and I encourage everyone to look it over and
> provide feedback. Thank you!
> <https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0184-improved-pointers.md
>
> <https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0184-improved-pointers.md>>

I've only had a quick look, but I'm very positive about these changes! I've
worked with some custom collections requiring pointers behind the scenes and
completely agree that the current Swift API can be very confusing.

I'll try to take a more detailed look over the next few days, but I'd give a +1
just for having size tracking in mutable buffers alone, anything more is
delicious icing 😃