> On Aug 17, 2017, at 12:04 PM, Max Moiseev <mois...@apple.com> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 17, 2017, at 10:05 AM, Erica Sadun via swift-evolution
>>
>> Also, for those of you here who haven't heard my previous rant on the
>> subject, I dislike using map for generating values that don't depend on
>> transforming a domain to a range. (It has been argued that `_ in` is mapping
>> from `Void`, but I still dislike it immensely)
>
> Can you please elaborate why (or maybe point me at the rant)?

. Since this application is a generator and not a transformative function,
`map` is a misfit to usage semantics. It breaks the contract that map means to
project from a domain to a range via a function. More languages conventionally
use `collect` than `map` to collect n applications of a generator closure

-- E