> On Aug 17, 2017, at 7:38 PM, Xiaodi Wu <xiaodi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 8:25 PM, Erica Sadun <er...@ericasadun.com
> <mailto:er...@ericasadun.com>> wrote:
> `repeatElement((), count: 5)` is better than `1 ... 5`, but `Count(3).map({
> UIView() })` is far more elegant.  I'd still probably go with an array
> initializer or `5.elements(of: UIView())`. I don't think I'm overstating how
> common this pattern is, and `Array(repeating:count:)` feels _close_ but not
> close enough.
>
> The first two have the benefit of being currently existing APIs;

I'm pretty sure Count isn't an  existing API. And as I said before, while I
don't think this rises to stdlib inclusion, it's been a common problem domain
for people both inside and outside Apple so it deserves a full discussion.

That said, `Count` is neat. It encapsulates an idea in a way that I haven't
seen in Swift.

-- E