> On Oct 13, 2017, at 10:43 AM, Jarod Long via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> Ahh, yeah, that does seem like a much trickier case to avoid breaking. My
> instinct says it's still possible to avoid, but maybe not without lots of
> complexity.

We already have whitespace sensitive rules to handle this.  There is no
fundamental implementation difference that I see between separating the
elements of lists (which are expressions) and the elements of statements (which
can be expressions):

func foo() -> Int { … }

func statements() {
  foo()
  foo()
}

let list = [
  foo()
  foo()
]

That said, I still believe that it would be premature to "syntax optimize" this
at this point in Swift’s evolution.

-Chris