I haven’t seen real resistance against partial types so far — and why should
somebody oppose? Hopefully, no one who doesn’t like this feature will be forced
to use it, right?

But imho that’s a slippery path, because there’s still a cost associated with
every feature that is completely new:
Increased complexity.

I have no doubt that some people would find this feature cool, and build code
with it, but I know that I personally don’t need it, and that there are things
I consider to be more important.

Imho it’s at least worth a debate if splitting a type is actually that useful:
We can already blame it for the trouble with access rights, so I’d rather
prefer to postpone the topic in favor of changes that decrease complexity by
removing limitations on existing features (for example, I’d like to be able to
override something declared in an extension of a superclass…)