You can create a binary operator that tests the left-hand operand for nil, and
passes the unwrapped value to the right-hand operand (a function taking one
value), this operator can be made left-associative to allow chaining.

let m = String(contentsOfFile: "README.md") ??? Markdown
where ??? is the operator described above.

--
C. Keith Ray

* https://leanpub.com/wepntk <- buy my book?
* http://www.thirdfoundationsw.com/keith_ray_resume_2014_long.pdf