> On Dec 12, 2017, at 1:36 PM, Alejandro Martinez via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Kelvin Ma <kelvin1...@gmail.com
> <mailto:kelvin1...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 5:31 AM, Alejandro Martinez via swift-evolution
>> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> This sounds great!
>>> Specially the new structure, it reminds me of the Rust forums. I just
>>> have one question, is the Using Swift category expected to be the one
>>> where the community posts project announcements for new libraries or
>>> similar stuff? I remember a recent thread where some people wanted to
>>> include more libs in the standard swift distribution and one of the
>>> alternatives considered was making it easy for the community to get
>>> together and share new projects and even join forces. This would seem
>>> like the perfect place for it, similar to the announcements category
>>> on Rust forum.
>>

>> i always thought Using Swift was going to be more for beginner questions and
>> helping newcomers
>>

> That's what it looks like, which is completely fine. But if that's the
> case I think we should have another category for that kind of stuff ;)

I think it's open to both, just as swift-users is today.  The topic name needs
encourage beginner questions because otherwise the beginners won't know where
to go; experienced forum users presumably don't need that kind of direction.

Are you suggesting that these ought to be split into separate categories?  I
don't think
I'd support that.

John.