> On Jan 12, 2018, at 4:22 PM, Jordan Rose <jordan_r...@apple.com> wrote:
>
> No, it's "Revision-locked imports”.

Ah, yeah I can see how the rev-locked imports is a variation on “I’ve copied in
this library”.

> A source-breaking change is one in which updating the library at compile time
> will break clients at compile time. That's relevant for libraries distributed
> with an app as well as for libraries that are part of the OS. You may not
> care, but I do, and I think other package authors will too.

??? Of course I care about getting warnings when I’ve chosen to update a
dependency. Where did I ever imply otherwise?

What I’m saying is that if I’m embedding such a library in my app *now* and I’m
importing it *now*, I shouldn’t get a warning about handling unknown cases off
non-frozen enums *now*.

And if I am going to see such warnings now, then the document needs to include
how those “false positives” will be eliminated in the future.

Dave