Hey,
I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 in order to try Swift out. I've
followed all the instructions given in the installation page (For the 18
December build) , but on trying a simple addition on the Swift REPL, it
throws an "opening import file for module 'SwiftShims': No such file or
directory" error message.
There are a few related questions on StackOverflow and AskUbuntu but
they've not helped. I've also read the question posted earlier in this
thread here
<https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-users/Week-of-Mon-20151130/000134.html>
and
as suggested my installation is currently in ~/swift but to no avail.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Would love to get started with Swift!

Thanks,
Projjol