> On May 1, 2016, at 11:48 AM, Tyler Fleming Cloutier via swift-users
> <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:
>
> libuv and libdispatch overlap on functionality quite a bit, but libdispatch
> has the benefit of using a block API instead of a function pointer API, which
> makes memory management easier in Swift.

I think libdispatch would be the better choice, since it’s what’s going to be
used in Swift’s standard library going forward.

> However, libuv has many additional features for setting up TCP connections
> and other networking constructs.

The dispatch_io API lets you use libdispatch with file descriptors, so working
with TCP would just involve making the usual system calls to open the
connection and then creating a dispatch_io_t from the FD. It should just take a
couple of lines of code.

—Jens