In Swift 3, COpaquePointer was renamed to OpaquePointer, and nullable pointers
are represented by optionals:

  SE-0055 – Make unsafe pointer nullability explicit using Optional

https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0055-optional-unsafe-pointers.md

So the following should work in Swift 3:

  var cublasHandle: OpaquePointer?
  let status = cublasCreate_v2(&cublasHandle)

Martin