Hi all,

When working with CoreFoundation objects (e.g. CFReadStream, CFWriteStream) it isn't immediately obvious to me how to bridge them to SwiftFoundation counterparts (InputStream / OutputStream).

The following works on OSX, but doesn't work on Linux;

   let readStream: CFReadStream = ...
   readStream as InputStream
// error: cannot convert value of type 'CFReadStream' to expected argument type 'InputStream'

In some other places I need to bridge a String to a CFString, the following works on OSX, but doesn't work on Linux;

   let string: String = ...
   string as CFString
// error: error: 'String' is not convertible to 'CFString'; did you mean to use 'as!' to force downcast?

Thanks.

--
-Bouke