On 21 Sep 2016, at 06:45, Bouke Haarsma via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org>
wrote:

> This property is not available on Linux …

Hey, it’s call /BSD/ Sockets for a reason (-:

Honestly, I don’t think there’s a good way to maintain the simplicity of this
abstraction without `ss_len`.  Special casing each address format isn’t viable
because some addresses are of variable length (I’m looking at you
`sockaddr_un`!).

You’re going to have to carry around a `sockaddr_storage` /and/ a `socklen_t`,
and if you’re doing that it’d probably be best to build your own abstraction.
When I originally wrote these helpers I was doing so in the context of a
`QSocket` class, which had a `QSocket.Address` struct that wrapped
`sockaddr_storage`, and that abstraction would have been able to cope with this.

Share and Enjoy
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware