> On Oct 13, 2016, at 2:36 PM, Rick Mann via swift-users
> <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:
>
> It seems I can write this:
>
> extension String
> {
>  public func deleting(prefix inPrefix: String) -> String
>  public func deleting(prefix inPrefix: String) -> String?
> }
>
> But I was hoping it would do the right thing:
>
> let a = s.deleting(prefix: "foo")
> if let b = s.deleting(prefix: "foo") { }
>
> But it finds these ambiguous, and I'm not sure how to specify which I want.

You can specify which you want by explicitly naming the type:
    let a = s.deleting(prefix: "foo") as String
or
    let a : String = s.deleting(prefix: "foo")

…but presumably that doesn't give you the usability that you were hoping for.

--
Greg Parker     gpar...@apple.com <mailto:gpar...@apple.com>     Runtime
Wrangler