I'm trying to adopt the RandomAccessCollection protocol from a class. I
deliberately leave out the func index(before:) function because there is
already a default implementation of that function in RandomAccessCollection. I
do understand that that function's implementation is required because of
BiDirectionalCollection from which RandomAccessCollection inherits.

My question is why would the compiler complain that func index(before:)
implementation is required when there is already a default implementation in
RandomAccessCollection that i can use?

Thanks.