Hi all,

I was missing a small tool somewhat akin to npm (specifically npm's search and
install functionality) for the swift ecosystem so I spent some time writing
something to fill that gap. I'd really love some feedback on the idea and
usability :)

The basic idea is that it's hard to find suitable packages when writing a swift
library or executable. There is no single centralized listing of all packages
(packagecatalog.com and swiftmodules.com can only have *so* current data), so
this tool queries GitHub's API directly for repos written in Swift that include
a file named Package.swift. It offers ways to search for packages, display more
info about them and add them to your package manifest.

You can find the project here: https://github.com/kiliankoe/apodidae

It conveniently installs as `swift-catalog` so that you can run it like a
subcommand of swift itself as `swift catalog`. The basic interaction is also
shown in the README in more detail.

There's still quite a few rough edges and the code definitely needs some
cleanup, it's more of a test than something that should be depended on at this
point I guess :P

Cheers,
Kilian