> On Nov 1, 2017, at 14:27 , Jordan Rose <jordan_r...@apple.com> wrote:
>
> Yep, you can! In fact, you don't even need to compile it. You can just put
> the apinotes file itself into the Headers/ directory and it will work, as
> long as
>
> - the file has the same name as the framework, i.e. "MyKit.apinotes"
> - the framework has a proper module map
>
> (I have a task on me to write up documentation on this but haven't gotten
> around to it. It's not something most people need to do, but adapting an
> existing library is one of the more likely cases.)

I'd sure appreciate this. We get this binary iOS Framework from a vendor and
need to integrate it. They know nothing of Swift, and their header is
cross-platform, so they don't have any of the proper naming conventions or
macros included. I don't really know how to write a robust and complete module
map or apinotes file.

I'd love to be able to include both of those *outside* of the framework, so
that I don't have to modify their provided items in any way. But for now, I can
drop both files into the Framework they provide.

Thanks!

> Jordan
>

>> On Oct 30, 2017, at 18:31, Rick Mann via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a third-party C library shoehorned into a Framework. It does not
>> have proper ENUM macros nor an apinotes file. I'd like to add one. I'm using
>> Xcode 9.
>>
>> • Can I put the .apinotesc file in the Framework somewhere?
>> • Can I make Xcode automatically compile it?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Rick Mann
>> rm...@latencyzero.com